Document required for legal metrology for Dealer
The following are the documents that may be required for dealers to comply with the Legal Metrology Act 2009:
Dealers who deal in weights and measures or packaged commodities are required to register themselves with the Director of Legal Metrology of their state or union territory. A registration certificate may be required to demonstrate compliance with this requirement.
Certificate of verification:
Weighing and measuring instruments used by dealers must be verified and stamped by the competent authority. A certificate of verification may be required to demonstrate compliance with this requirement.
Declaration of conformity:
Packaged commodities sold by dealers must bear certain mandatory declarations such as the net quantity, maximum retail price, name and address of the manufacturer, and so on. A declaration of conformity may be required to demonstrate compliance with this requirement.
Invoices and bills:
Dealers must maintain records of all transactions related to weights and measures or packaged commodities, including invoices and bills. These documents may be required to demonstrate compliance with record-keeping requirements.
Dealers may be required to submit calibration certificates for their weighing and measuring instruments to demonstrate their accuracy.
If dealers import weighing and measuring instruments, they may be required to submit test reports from a laboratory accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
The specific documents required may vary depending on the nature of the dealer's business and the requirements of the competent authority. It is important for dealers to consult with the competent authority to determine the specific documents they need to comply with the Legal Metrology Act 2009.
Procedure Of applying Legal Metrology for dealer
The procedure for applying for Legal Metrology registration as a dealer may vary depending on the state or union territory where the dealer is located. However, the general steps are as follows:
• Visit the website of the Legal Metrology department of the state or union territory where the dealer is located to obtain the application form.
• Fill out the application form with all the required details and attach the necessary documents such as proof of identity, proof of address, and so on.
• Submit the application form and supporting documents to the Director of Legal Metrology of the state or union territory either online or offline.
• Pay the applicable fees for registration and verification of weighing and measuring instruments.
• After submission, the application will be verified and scrutinized by the competent authority.
• Once the application is approved, the dealer will be issued a registration certificate and a unique identification number (UIN).
• The dealer must then affix the UIN on all the weighing and measuring instruments used in their business and get them verified and stamped by the competent authority.
It is important to note that the exact procedure for registration may differ based on the specific requirements and procedures of the state or union territory where the dealer is located. It is advisable to consult with the Director of Legal Metrology of the concerned state or union territory for detailed information on the registration procedure.
PSR Compliance Assistance
There is no denying that securing Legal Metrology Certificate is an intricate affair that seeks adequate skill and a professional approach. Many mistakes occur in the documentation part that inherently leads to the cancellation of the Application. With PSR Compliance support at your disposal, you do not need to encounter such hassles. All you need to facilitate requested credentials and information to our expert, and you are good to go. Our experts will take care of all the formalities and ensure seamless delivery of Certification in a prompt time frame.