Document required for public limited company registration in India
The following documents are typically required for registering a Public Limited Company (PLC) in India:
DIN (Director Identification Number) for each director: Everyone who wants to serve as a director of a company in India must receive this from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA)
PAN (Permanent Account Number) for each director: This is a tax identification number issued by the Income Tax Department.
Proof of Registered Office:: This could be a rent agreement or a utility bill for the premises where the registered office of the company will be located.
Fees The Registrar of Companies (ROC) in the state where the company's registered office will be situated must receive these documents and the necessary fees. To successfully register a PLC in India, it is crucial to make sure that all necessary steps are done and all required paperwork are presented.
Eligibility criteria for registering public limited company registration in india
In India, the following eligibility criteria must be met to register a Public Limited Company (PLC):
• Minimum number of directors: A PLC must have a minimum of three directors.
• Minimum number of shareholders: A PLC must have a minimum of seven shareholders.
• Minimum paid-up capital: A PLC must have a minimum paid-up capital of 5 Lakh rupees.
• Minimum age of directors: All directors must be at least 18 years of age.
• Resident directors: A minimum of two directors must be residents of India, meaning they must have stayed in India for at least 182 days in the previous financial year.
• Business activities: The company must engage in business activities that are allowed under the Companies Act, 2013.
• DIN (Director Identification Number) for each director: This is obtained from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and is required for anyone who wants to be a director of a company in India.
Form to file for public limited company registration in india
To file for public limited company registration in India, you need to follow these steps:
Step 1- Obtain Director Identification Number (DIN) and Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) for all directors.
Step 2- Choose a unique company name and get it approved by the Registrar of Companies (ROC).
Step 3- Draft and file the Memorandum of Association (MoA) and Articles of Association (AoA) with the ROC.
Step 4- File the e-Form INC-7 (Application for reservation of name) and e-Form INC-22 (Notice of situation of registered office) with the ROC
Step 5- Obtain the certificate of incorporation from the ROC after compliance with all the requirements.
Step 6- Apply for PAN and TAN for the company and open a bank account.
Step 7- File e-Form INC-20A (Notice of situation or change of situation of registered office) with the ROC within 30 days of changing the registered office of the company.
PSR Compliance Assistance
The process of registering a Public Limited company involves adhering to many requirements, preparing documents, and complying with pre-incorporation and post-incorporation compliances. Moreover, complying with specific MCA mandates is imperative to avoid incurring hefty penalties and late fees. This process can seem daunting and confusing without professional assistance. PSR Team provides expert service in the online registration process of one’s company on the MCA website.